SIMPLE CREDIT LIMITED (‘The Lender’)
Notice to Customers relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the “Ordinance”)
- The purposes for which data relating to a customer may be used are as follows: (i) the daily operation of the services and credit facilities provided to customers;
(ii) conducting credit checks (including without limitation upon an application for customer credit and upon periodic or special reviews of the credit);
(iii) creating and maintaining the Lender’s credit and risk related models;
(iv) assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks and collect debts;
(v) ensuring ongoing credit worthiness of customers;
(vi) designing financial services or related products for customers’ use;
(vii) marketing services, products and other subjects;
(viii) determining the amount of indebtness owed to or by customers;
(ix) collection of amounts outstanding from customers and those providing security for customers’ obligations;
(x) meeting the requirements to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on The Lender or any of its related companies;
(xi) enabling an actual or proposed assignee of the Lender, or participant or sub-participant of The Lender’s rights in respect of the customer to evaluate the transaction intended to be the subject of the assignment, partition or sub-partition;
(xii) in the event of any default in payment, unless the amount in default is fully repaid or written off before the expiry of 60 days, the customer is liable to have his account repayment data retained by the credit reference agency at least the expiry of five years from the date of final settlement of the account in default;
(xiii) purposes relating thereto.
- Data held by The Lender relating to a customer will be kept confidential but The Lender may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph 1.; (i) any agent, contractor or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment or securities clearing or other services to The Lender in connection with the operation of its business;
(ii) any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to The Lender including a related company of The Lender which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
(iii) credit reference agencies, and, in the event of default, to debt collection agencies;
(iv) any person to whom The Lender is under an obligation to make disclosure under the requirements of any law binding on The Lender or any of its related companies; and
(v) any actual or proposed assignee of The Lender or participant or sub-participant or transferee of The Lender’s right in respect of the customer.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance and the Code of Practice on Consumer Data approved and issued under the Ordinance, any individual has the right: (i) to check whether The Lender holds data about him and of access to such data;
(ii) to require The Lender to correct any data about him which is inaccurate;
(iii) (when his application is not related to mortgage loan) to instruct The Lender, upon termination of the account by full repayment, to make a request to the credit reference agency to delete such account data from its database, as long as the instruction is given within five years of termination and at no time was there any default of payment in relation to the account, lasting in excess of 60 days with five years immediately before account termination.
(iv) to ascertain The Lender’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Bank; and
(v) in relation to consumer credit, to request to be informed which items of data are routinely disclosed to credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies, and be provided with further information to enable the making of an access and correction request to the relevant credit reference agencies or debt collection agencies.
- The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed as follows:
The Data Protection Officer
SIMPLE CREDIT LIMITED
Address : Suite 902A1, 9/F, Fourseas Building 208-212 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of customers under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.